The Tower Project Community Outreach & Advocacy Support Team provides a service to people with disabilities and both their parents and carers. We endeavour to support all family members; in addition to the wider community.
We appreciate the uniqueness of individual situations and understand the diverse needs of carers. Our highly experienced staff provides first class Social Care within the community; to support the achievement of positive outcomes and to improve the health and well being of users, parents and carers.
– Confidential advice, information and support
– Advocacy Services
– Parents & Carers Forum
– Assistance in obtaining accredited training
– Assistance in obtaining additional evening, weekend & respite support
Information and Advice+
We can help you with:
– General benefit issues
– Annual reviews or assessments
– Carers assessments
– Accessing respite
– Details of local support and community groups
– Transition planning and support
We will act as advocates for parents, carers and service users and support them to:
– Ensure a greater contribution in deciding on appropriate support.
– Access relevant benefits to enable them to understand and secure their rights.
– Access necessary services to raise their standard of living.
– Work in partnership with statutory and voluntary sector services to maximise quality of service.
Parents & Carers Forum+
We provide opportunities for our parents and carers to meet every two months to learn about various issues that will impact on their lives. Typical topics discussed include:
– Supported living
– Health and well being
– Local services
The forum allows parents and carers to discuss their successes and challenges in a relaxed and friendly environment.
We also have regular guest speakers in attendance; to inform us about local services and changes to this provision. In addition, there are opportunities for consultation between parents, carers and a variety of organisations.
At Tower Project we would like to give carers something back for their hard work. Therefore, we will incorporate social activities and social excursions throughout the year.
We offer accredited training to parents and carers on a variety of subjects including:
– Autism Awareness
– Moving and Handling
– Food Safety
– Basic First Aid
– Other training can be provided depending on demand.
Evening, Weekend & Respite Support
We specialise in obtaining out of hours and respite support for clients / service users. These hours are used to access the wider community and its services in addition to providing valuable respite for parents and carers.
Our support includes assistance in securing funding to ensure a high quality service is maintained. Once funding is secured individuals have the option to utilise our experienced staff.
Why use our staff?
– We know you want a service where the support workers are reliable and have a great relationship with the person they support.
– We manage an experienced staff team that can provide high quality support to people with disabilities in the community.
– All our staff are either qualified or working towards an NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care.
All staff are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.